Saturday, August 14, 2010

The weekend.. AAAARRRGH!!


Hey all!!

How awesome is it that we are halfway done as of tomorrow? How is everyone doing??? I know I am killing it!! My strength seems to be getting better and my energy level is through the roof right now. I can honestly say I am liking a lot of the recipes I am trying. I am getting some great results, feeling energized for all of my workouts and plowing forward!!!


I recieved an email from a friend of mine about gaining mass and leaning down to the 6 pack at the same time. Here was my response:


Hey bro!

What's going on my man! :) thanks for the email. I appreciate the huge compliment :)

Alright man.. you ready for this.. I truly feel the paleo plan (meat, nuts and seeds, fruits and veggies, little starch and no sugar) along with a heavy lifting and training program is the way to go. Unfortunately all of the yummy stuff we like, breads, pastas, grains, cereal, sweets... it's all really bad for us! It keeps us bloated, retaining water, and well, causes some shitty stuff to happen in our system.

So from my understanding and how I am feeling for my SECOND time on the paleo plan.. I have dropped a few percent body fat, I am feeling moire and more energized every day, getting stronger and gaining muscle at the same time. The trick on the Paleo lifestyle for gaining some muscle is to eat enough calories AND train appropriately for some muscle gain. This means timing your meals and spacing them out. Focussing on eating as natural foods as you can would be best.

Another option is the zone "diet" I tried this one too. It didn't work for me because thanks to paleo I found out I have a gluten (wheat) intolerance. Every time I have loads of grain, pasta, bread.. I feel sluggish, tired and bloated. So for me the zone worked to get me on track and then paleo kicked me into overdrive. After a while it tastes good, you find how to make things taste good and be Caveman like. I even cook this way fo rthe guys and add rice or other bread stuff for them.

For specifics:

www.paleodiet.com
www.everythingpaleo.blogspot.com
www.marksdailyapple.com
http://www.balancedbites.com

These are all good sites to get information from. Give me a ring and I can go over more specifics too!!!



The jist of what I want to get across today is this. Paleo lifestyle is actually easier than what it seems to be. It really once you get into the habit of having the healthier options and finding out where you can save money and where you need to spend becomes second nature.


I will also say this to those of you who are thinking of trying the paleo plan- Be prepared for the initial shock of your system in which it is difficult to exist for a few days. I can barely sleep now because I am so energized. There are nights I wonder how I am going to get to sleep if I don't get a few workouts in that day!


I feeel AMAZING!!! How about everyone else?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting some websites. I am new to Paleo and trying to get the hang of eating. I can't wait to try some of the recipes!

    ReplyDelete