Monday, August 2, 2010

Paleo Day (080210)

Hello and Welcome to day 2 of this Challenge!!! So how did we do today? well here's a little story about what is happening on the west coast. We have had some awesome pre-measurement results coming out of the last few days. We have had over 18 people (including Coach Kev) get weighed, measured and put through the ringer. they are all in the process or have already finished their wods and are ready to move forward. It has been awesome to watch everyone come in and give their best effort and ask questions about the paleo plan.




you can download a list of foods that are acceptable on paleo as well as get a reference for seasonal fruits and veggies. These two resources come in handy as you are building your meal plans throughout the day or week.


So here is a funny story.... Coach Kev was at his house, working on getting some stuff together when the power went out (about 3 hours ago). So I went out and did what I do best.. found a track and performed a CFE WOD. Well, I came home to a dark house, in which i didn't know when the lights or power were going to come back on.... so what did I do?


I packed my bag with a pair of clothes and enough paleo food to last a few days just in case the fridge goes bad at home. So I am camping at the gym tonight with my paleo food for the morning ready to go. (See the Paleo Casserole Recipe I am about to post after the dinner recipe)
Please remember, I have a small amount of dairy in my meal plan- Recipe for this beauty- Spinach, Random Greens, Blueberries, Strawberries, Pan seared Flank steak (cooked in Olive Oil and lightly seasoned) Avacado and my dairy addition- Feta Cheese. The dressing is a mixture of Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh salsa.. with a little bit of tapatio to spice it up :) I'm pretty sure Cavemen in Mexico had Tapatio!!!
OK and for the breakfast frittata recipe:
Recipe- 8 Eggs, 15 total (whites the rest) Coconut Flakes, (about 1/2-1 cup) about 1/2-1 cup of Almond Meal, Add ALL the veggies you want. Stir all together. Then pour into baking pans coated with Olive Oil. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes. Serve hot or chilled. I pre-made this so I didn't have to cook at 4:15 AM!!!!


I will post my workouts to comments.

How about the rest of you. how did you do today?? Did anyone else have cravings today?? I found myself a little angry I couldn't just whip out the Ice Cream and start snacking away!

3 comments:

  1. Workouts today:
    CrossFit total- Back squat 310, Shoulder Press 140, deadlift, 435 Total score- 885

    WOD 2- "Some Beach, Some Where"
    3 rounds for time of:
    400 m run
    10 HSPU
    20 Burpees
    30 Double Unders
    40 Situps
    50 Squats

    26:13 total time

    final WOD:
    Stadium Stairs followed by 100 m burpee broad jumps (2 rounds) not scored

    this is a normal workout day for me.. I will consistently work out 2-3 times per day (I have been since october of 2009 so nothing new)

    Food intake today was good... Paleo breakfast casserole for breakfast, chicken with 1/2 sweet potato and spincach with cashews and coconut milk on them after WOD 2, then at snack had some fruit and a few turkey sausuges fried in Olive Oil and for dinner, the big ass salad that's on the post. it was AWESOME! about to have evening snack of peach, almonds and a piece of chicken.

    Cravings were up a little last night and today. It means i am adjusting. I ALSO had a headache. which means I am going through the withdrawl period.. sooner than I thought.. :) But maybe it means I'll get over it quicker too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this blog.
    .
    I may even be so daring as to try that frittata thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete