Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paleo day 4, 080410

Sorry for the late post today. I ended up going to.. Sushi... with a friend of mine tonight. Props goes out to Ooi Sushi on Clovis and Herndon in Fresno tonight for keeping me Paleo this evening. (Picture not of the actual rolls I ate)





In case you didn't know.. for you sushi lovers (yes that includes me) That you can have rolls made as "hand rolls" or "Temaki-zushi " WITHOUT the rice. This little treat was pretty awesome!! In fact, so awesome I probably ate one too many of them!!! But let me say this... When I left the plate of sushi with the rice puffs on it, it looked like "Rice Droppings" if you will. I didn't feel bad of course choosing to eat the foods I wanted rather than having to stick to the menu. SO my recommendation for you sushi lovers... try the hand made rolls and ask for maybe a spicy scallop roll or some yellow-tail sashimi, etc. It means you don't have to skip if sushi is one of your favorites.



Day 4- How we feeling? I felt like I was on CRACK ALL DAY!!!! Energy level definitely up from yesterday. In fact so much I was really surprised at how I felt all day! I have been going since 4 AM today and STILL have enough energy to finish the post, PLUS i got to workouts in today at pretty decent times.



I know that we are working on getting over the hump... but check this out:

Paleo Lunch Burritos-

Flank steak Cut and cooked

Bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, fresh salsa, avacado, (add any other veggie you see fit)

All wrapped in 2 iceburg lettuce leaves with a side of berries in coconut milk.

It turned out to be an amazing lunch yesterday!!!

More information tomorrow! Look for it and let us know how you are doing!!!

4 comments:

  1. short one for me tonight:
    WODS:
    death row burpees
    1000m Row, 25 burpees
    750 m row, 50 burpees
    500m row, 75 burpees

    Total time: 20:35

    WOD 2- Nancy- 16:44
    400m Run
    15 OHS, 95#
    5 rounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I miss Sushi... my wife is pregnant so she cannot have it, which means, I rarely go. Soon enough though...

    The burritos look good too.
    We make burger wraps about once a week in my house. Same principle except you use burgers instead of steak. I make a homemade paleo mayo... yum!

    I post a lot of recipes, about 1/day or so here: http://paleolickinggood.blogspot.com/ and it facebooks here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Steves-non-processed-Paleo-recipes/108489865856384?ref=ts

    In case anyone is interested. 90 of all the recipes are 100% paleo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far so good today. Ate some fruit this morning before heading to FTF to finish up my assessments. Got home and made a tuna, eggwhite, purple onion and olive oil smorgasborg and some walnuts. After seeing Kevin's post about sushi I was inspired to get some good raw fish. I'm partial to sushi n' pop on cedar and barstow. I had what i think is call ed "Oh baby" roll which consists of real crab, avocado & carrot wrapped inside raw tuna (minus the sweet glaze & carrots. not a big carrot fan so I pulled those out) and a spicy tuna salad.

    I also played a game called "What can I wear" Its when I grab clothes out of my closet that havent fit me and I try them on. I think for the first time in my life, I've ran out of clothes to try on and have to start giving away the clothes that are too big! Holla!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four days down and things seem to be on track. I feel my endurance and stamina are coming back after my dreadful Fran on Monday. Maybe I am lucky because I dont seem to experience any of the symptoms some of you are talking about. Keep the good recipe ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete