Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paleo Day 5- Over the Hump?


Paleo Cocoa Creme Pie

Ingredients: Crust- Almond meal, Coconut Flakes, eggs. Filling- Coconut milk, Egg, unsweetened cocoa, coconut flakes. Topped with Granny Smith Apple and coconut flake. Takes approximately 20 minutes to bake.

Mix the Almond Meal, cocount flakes and Eggs together in a bowl. Spread into a lightly oiled pie tin.

Mix 2 eggs, coconut flakes and unsweetened cocoa along with a pinch of almond meal

I pre-baked the crust a little bit before putting the filling in. Then put the filling in, put the cut apples on top with some coconut flake sprinkles.


WELCOME TO DAY 5!!!!! How are you feeling???

For anyone else out there, I felt a HUGE difference again today. In fact today was a pretty awesome day. I hardly slept because of my energy level from yesterday. Today, i chose to take today to rest and recover and cook some pretty awesome meals. Being that I am working at the fire station today, it was fun for me to be creative with the food.

For those of you who have a hard time with the family and cooking for yourself and the family, this is one tip that I run with the guys at the station.

The bae of all the meals I cook for the guys is paleo food. In other words. I'll use tonight as an example. I cooked thefollowing meal:




Paleo Beanless Chicken Turkey Chili- (I will post the recipe later)

What about the boys? Well in this case, we made a green salad and then bought dinner rolls for the boys to add in to their meal. The greatest part of this is the family (in this case the firefighters) get a healthier base to their meal and still have the option to add in their "Breads and grains". It is not m place to force my eating style upon others if they choose not to follow it, but educate them along the way as to why I eat the way I do.

How any of you have already had people pick on you a little about the food choices?

I have had people look at me funny here but in reality they are enjoying the new recipes and the new style of eating. They are feeling good about the food they are eating. My statement to them has been I eat this way to perform well, not to look good. Looking good is a side effect of me eating the way I eat and combining that with the high intensity training.

Alright so I pose this question to you tonight:

What has the hardest part been up to today of following the paleo lifestye?










4 comments:

  1. OMG THAT PIE LOOKS SOOOO GOOOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren yo have NO idea... it was amazing over the last two days. And.. It's no overly sweet either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up the recipe for exact measurements but it was not posted on the recipe website at paleo.com. can you post please? The pie looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol well here's the great thing... there was no "Exact" measurement... I rarely ever use recipes for any of the stuff I make... just the ingredients and make to taste.

    I do believe I used 2 eggs for the crust and 2 eggs for the cream.... the almond meal was probably close to 2 cups, the coconut was probably... 1/2 cup in the crust and about the same in the cream.. maybe a little more. the coconut milk,.... just enough to liquify the cream a little bit...

    I know it's not specific... when I make it at the station next shift.. I'll measure it all out!

    ReplyDelete